Tuesday, December 04, 2007

woman vs. latke!

In the quest for supermommydom I took today off to make the first night of chanukah a memorable one for my two boys ages 4 and 2. In this quest I even made it to pre-school and did the whole menorah spiel for all the other 3 and 4 year olds. Getting to the god/miracle of light part was hard for me, I gulped sputtered, the teacher tried to help by saying "god" (I wasn't sure I could even say "god" in the classroom-it is a non-denominational Y.) I whispered god and said the universe a little louder. Sweating in front of pre-schoolers is never fun!)

That over I ran home to put a brisket (yes I am a grownup now...I said brisket) in the slow cooker and started hand grating potatoes and onions. 10 potatoes later, a 1/4 cup of matzo meal, plus 3 eggs some salt and pepper I was ready to fry. And man now I know why I hate frying! Luckily I wear glasses or the oil would've went right into my eye. A few splatters later I learned my lesson plus a new one:

It takes a long time to brown a latke when you (are a baby) &have to lower the heat!

No comments: