Tuesday, November 13, 2007

sometimes it is all too much for me

omg
i think i am sinking
work
screaming kids
screaming patients
angry staff
overworked underpaid
stressed out


i didn't even write a note
in my last few charts
because I had to get the kids
why do we overbook?
why don't we care about the clinicians
why am I sinking?

I don't feel like being funny
not even sarcasm is
making its way to my brain
I am sick of
all
this
shit

NPR is doing a series on consumerism on the show marketplace. I went to look for the sound clip, but I can't post it. Basically some Harvard professor summed up my existence in a nut shell.
Americans are increasingly tied down by debt -- that's nothing new. But Harvard professor Elizabeth Warren says the rising costs of bare necessities, not luxuries, might change the very nature of America.
Consumer spending on fun things is down. People are living paycheck to paycheck paying for their mortgage, cars to commute to work, daycare, kids clothing. Food is down, giant tvs down she also said something about america changing based upon our financial debt. I need a bail out-sure wish there was farm aid for the middle class

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry things are so stressful. It is hard to keep up with work/bills/needs and yes, things are expensivo.

It's not a help for everything but you may want to join your local freecycle yahoo group. People give away things for free - things like kids clothes, furniture, plastic sushi...you'd be amazed at what you can find and all of the stuff I've given and received has been in great condition.

It's a great way to save money and save the environment by using stuff over and over rather than buying everything new. One thing is for sure - it's great for stocking a nursery.